Solar power systems (Photovoltaic) First and second generation of solar power panels-Made in Germany
The second generation photovoltaic technologies: thin film solar cells
Thin film solar cells after more than 20 years of research and development have started to spread. These modules significantly reduce the cost of electricity compared to silicon wafers type.
Three main types of thin film solar cells has already been commercialized, including:
• amorphous silicon (a-Si; a-Si / μc-Si)
• Cadmium Telluride (Cd-Te)
• Indium- Copper Selenide (CIS) and Copper - Indium - Gallium- Di selenide (CIGS)
The first generation photovoltaic technologies: crystalline cells
Silicon is one of the most abundant elements on Earth right now. This element is a semiconductor which is suitable for use in photovoltaic systems. Crystalline silicon cells depending on silicon wafers production type divided into two general categories: mono-crystal silicon and polycrystalline silicon. Other categories of crystalline cells is included gallium arsenide.
The advantages of using solar energy
* Helping to protect "environment"
* Saving oil and gas resources
* Save and economic profitability
* The availability
* The endless
* The absence of moving parts and low maintenance costs.
* Long lifetime (over 20 years)